Washington CARES Act Information

 

 


Updated 8/30/2021

 

Washington’s Round 2 CARES Act relief is not yet available.

 

At this time, the State of Washington, with the Washington Dept. Fish and Wildlife as the lead agency is in the process of developing their Round 2 spend plan. This document serves as the framework for administering the Round 2 CARES Act relief. Once a draft plan has been submitted for review and approved by NOAA Fisheries, only then can applications follow. The Commission is uncertain when either will occur. For questions regarding Washington’s Round 1 or Round 2 CARES Act spend plans, please contact the WDFW at CARESfisheries@dfw.wa.gov

 

Please, if not already doing so, continue to monitor this website for updates. This will be our primary source for information regarding Washington’s Round 2 relief. 

 


Washington’s Round 1 application period has closed.

 

Relief checks for Washington’s Round 1 CARES Act Fisheries Assistance were mailed on Monday, August 9th, 2021 via USPS first class (1-3 business days). Due to recent delays with the USPS, please allow 2-3 weeks before inquiring as to the status of your check. Regrettably any delay with the mail is outside the control of the Commission. Applicants who were disqualified or ineligible should have already received an email or standard letter informing you of any determination.

 

Total claims received for Washington’s Round 1 relief totaled $231,855,249 before the non-operating variable cost reduction was made to select commercial, charter, and seafood sector applicants. After this reduction occurred, claims totaled $196,866,543 amongst ~700 eligible participants.

 

NOAA Fisheries allocated $50 million to the State of Washington. Per the State of Washington’s approved spend plan, PSMFC will distribute 22% ($10,876,839) of the available Washington state funding to spend plans developed by Washington treaty tribes, as set forth in the tribal set-aside addendum, and the remaining 78% ($38,563,340) of the funds were available for non-treaty fisheries. 

 

Applicants can expect to receive only 14.5% – 19.6% of their claim due to the total number of claims received and funds available for disbursement. Per the State of Washington’s approved send plan, select claims were subject to non-operating variable cost and marginal rate adjustments. 

 

Washington’s Round 1 Spend Plan – January 1st, 2021